REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the upper manifold.
- Disconnect the chassis fuel inlet and outlet lines at the fuel supply manifold using tool T81P-19623-G or G1 or equivalent.
- Remove the 4 fuel supply manifold retaining bolts.
- Carefully disengage the manifold from the injectors and lift it off.
- Inspect all components for signs of damage. Make sure that the injector caps are clean.
When installing fuel rail assemblies with new or used injectors particular attention should be paid to proper seating of O-rings to ensure that no fuel leaks exist.
- Place the fuel supply manifold over the injectors and seat the injectors carefully in the manifold. Push fuel rail down to ensure all injector O-rings are fully seated in the fuel rail cups and intake manifold.
- Install the 4 bolts and tighten them to 20 ft. lbs. (26 Nm).
- Connect the fuel lines.
- Install the upper manifold.
- Turn the ignition switch from OFF to ON at least half a dozen times, WITHOUT STARTING THE ENGINE, leaving it in the ON position for about 5 seconds each time. This will build up fuel pressure in the system. Start the engine and allow it to run at idle until normal operating temperature is reached. Check for leaks.