The air intake manifold is a two piece (upper and lower intake manifold) aluminum casting. Runner lengths are tuned to optimize engine torque and power output. The manifold provides mounting flanges for the air throttle body assembly, fuel supply manifold and accelerator control bracket and the EGR valve and supply tube. Vacuum taps are provided to support various engine accessories. Pockets for the fuel injectors are machined to prevent both air and fuel leakage. The pockets, in which the injectors are mounted, are placed to direct the injector fuel spray immediately in front of each engine intake valve.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the air cleaner outlet tube from the air intake throttle body.
- Unplug the throttle position sensor from the wiring harness.
- Unplug the air by-pass valve connector.
- Remove the three upper manifold retaining bolts.
- Remove the upper manifold assembly.
- Remove and discard the gasket from the lower manifold assembly.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the upper intake manifold bolts 15-22 ft. lbs. (19-29 Nm). Use a new gasket between the manifolds.