REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the fan shroud attaching screws.
- Loosen the fan belt(s). Remove bolts and washers attaching the fan drive clutch to the water pump hub. Remove the fan drive clutch and fan as an assembly, along with the shroud.
- Remove the attaching bolts and washers to separate the fan assembly from the fan drive clutch.
- Position the fan assembly on the drive clutch. Install the bolts and washers and tighten to 12-18 ft. lbs. (16-23 Nm).
- Position the fan drive clutch, fan assembly and fan shroud, and fasten to the water pump hub. Install and tighten the clutch attaching bolts to 12-18 ft. lbs. (16-23 Nm) for 1979-83 engines, or to 15-22 ft. lbs. (19-29 Nm) for 1984-85 engines.
- Install the fan belt(s) and adjust to the proper tension.
- Install the fan shroud and adjust for equal fan-to-shroud clearance. Install and tighten the fan shroud screws.