REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
Various models, are equipped with a bracket-mounted electric cooling fan that replaces the conventional water pump mounted fan.
Operation of the fan motor is dependent on engine coolant temperature and air conditioner compressor clutch engagement. The fan will run only when the coolant temperature is approximately 180ºF (82ºC) or higher, or when the compressor clutch is engaged. The fan, motor and mount can be removed as an assembly after unfastening the wiring harnesses and mounting bolts.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the fan wiring harness from the clip.
- Unplug the harness at the fan motor connector.
- Remove the mounting bracket attaching screws and remove the fan assembly from the vehicle.
- Remove the retaining clip from the end of the motor shaft and remove the fan.
- Installation is the reverse of removal procedure.