REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the front end on jackstands.
- On cars equipped with an exhaust shield, remove the shield(s).
- Support the muffler sections.
- Remove the muffler inlet clamp.
- Unbolt the front pipe from the catalytic converter, if equipped.
- Remove the heat shield brackets.
- Separate the front pipe from the muffler slip joint connection. It may be necessary to remove the rear hanger connections for clearance purposes.
- Unbolt the pipe ends from the exhaust manifolds.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Always use new clamps. Always replace the pipe ends-to-manifold packings. Always install all parts loosely and align the system so that clearances between the system components and surrounding parts are adequate. Tighten the support bracket bolts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm); the clamp nuts to 35 ft. lbs. (46 Nm); the flange nuts to 30 ft. lbs. (39 Nm).