REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 51971-82 models Except Thunderbird, Cougar and XR-7
- Open the hood.
- Remove the screws attaching the grille to the vehicle. In most cases, there are 6 screws.
On most Ford vehicles, the front grille is made up of 2 pieces. On most Mercury vehicles, the grille is a single piece.
- Remove the grille from the vehicle, by sliding the grille to the left or right. If equipped with headlight doors, be careful when removing, not to damage the doors.
- Installation is the reverse. Slide the grille toward the center of the vehicle.
1983-85 Models Except Thunderbird, Cougar and XR-7
See Figure 6
The grille is attached with 6 screws removed through the front of the grille. Refer to the illustrations.
See Figures 7 and 8
- Remove the five screws from front of grille and remove the grille.
- To install, align the locator pins on grille with the holes in the grille opening panel assembly.
- Install the five screws into the holes in grille assembly.
See Figure 9
- Remove the three screws from the front of grille and remove the grille.
- To install, align the grille with the holes in the grille opening assembly.
- Install the three screws into the holes of the grille assembly.