REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Except Air Conditioned Vehicles
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
The right side ventilator assembly must be removed for access to the blower motor and wheel.
- Open the glove box door and remove the straps attached to the door. With the straps removed, unfasten the retaining screws securing the door to the hinge. If equipped with a liner, remove it now.
- Remove the retaining screw from the right register duct mounting bracket.
- Remove the screws holding the control cable lever assembly to the instrument panel.
- Remove the plastic rivets securing the grille to the floor outlet, and remove the grille.
Remove the right register duct and register assembly:
- Remove the register duct bracket retaining screw on the lower edge of the instrument panel, and disengage the duct from the opening and then remove them through the glove box opening.
- Insert a thin blade under the retaining tab and pry the tab toward the louvers until retaining tab pivot clears the hole in the register opening. Pull the register assembly end out from the housing only enough to prevent the pivot from going back into the pivot hole. Pry the other retaining tab loose and remove the register assembly from the opening.
- Remove the retaining screws securing the ventilator assembly to the blower housing. The upper right screw can be reached with a long extension through the register opening; the upper left screw can be reached through the glove box opening. The other two screws are on the bottom of the assembly.
- Slide the assembly to the right, then down and out from under the instrument panel.
- Remove the motor lead wire connector from the register and push it back through the hole in the case. Remove the right side cowl trim panel for access, and remove the ground terminal lug retaining screw.
- Remove the hub clamp spring from the motor shaft and remove the blower wheel.
- Remove the blower motor bolts from the housing and remove the motor.
- Service as required and reinstall in the reverse order of removal.
See Figures 4 through 17
The air inlet duct and blower housing assembly must be removed for access to the blower motor.
- Remove the glove box liner and door assembly.
- Disconnect the hose from the vacuum motor.
- Remove the instrument panel lower right side to cowl attaching bolt.
- Remove the screw attaching the brace to the top of the air inlet duct.
- Disconnect the blower motor wire at the electrical connector.
- Remove the housing lower support bracket to case nut.
- Remove the side cowl trim panel and remove the ground wire screw.
- Remove the screw attaching the top of the air inlet duct to the evaporator case.
- Move the air inlet duct and housing assembly down and away from the evaporator case.
- Remove the four blower motor mounting plate screws then remove the blower motor and wheel as an assembly from the housing. Do not remove the mounting plate from the motor.
- Service as required and reinstall in the reverse order of removal. Tape the blower motor power lead to the air inlet duct to keep the wire away from the blower outlet during installation.