REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
It is possible that a small amount of transmission fluid may leak out while removing and installing the back-up switch. Therefore before removing the switch, place a suitable container below the switch to catch any fluid which may spill out.
- Place the shift lever in NEUTRAL.
- Raise and support the car on jackstands.
- Unplug the electrical connector at the switch.
- Unscrew the switch from the transmission extension housing.
- Screw the new switch into place and tighten it to 60 inch lbs. (7 Nm).
- Connect the wiring.