REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Place the gear shift lever in the Neutral position.
- If applicable, remove the attaching screws at the rear of the coin tray and lift to release from the front hold down notch on the boot retainer. Lift the tray over the gear shift lever boot.
- If equipped with a console tray assembly, use a putty knife to pry up the rear of the cover plate behind the gear shift selector, and remove the screw securing the tray assembly to the rear bracket. Push the tray assembly forward to disengage from the front bracket, and remove the tray assembly.
- If equipped with a floor console (rather than a console tray assembly), pry up the front of the cover plate, then slide the plate forward and lift over the gear shift lever boot. Remove the screws securing the finish panel to the console and remove the finish panel.
- Remove the capscrews attaching the boot to the floor pan and move the boot upward, out of the way.
- Remove the lever attaching bolts.
- Remove the lever and boot assembly from the extension housing.
- Remove the gearshift knob and locknut and slide the boot off the lever.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.