REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the upper extension shroud by unsnapping the shroud from the retaining clip at the 9 o'clock position.
- Remove the steering column shroud by removing the attaching screws. If equipped with tilt steering, remove the tilt lever.
- Remove the instrument panel lower steering column cover.
- Unfasten the electrical connector from the ignition switch.
- Rotate the ignition key lock cylinder to the RUN position.
- Remove the 2 screws attaching the ignition switch.
- Disengage the ignition switch from the actuator pin and remove the switch.
- Adjust the new ignition switch by sliding the carrier to the RUN position.
- Check to ensure that the ignition key lock cylinder is in the RUN position. The RUN position is achieved by rotating the key lock cylinder approximately 90 degrees from the LOCK position.
- Install the ignition switch onto the actuator pin.
- Align the switch mounting holes and install the attaching screws. Tighten the screws to 50-69 inch lbs. (5.6-7.9 Nm).
- Plug in the electrical connector to the ignition switch.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check the ignition switch for proper function in START and ACC positions. Make sure the column is locked in the LOCK position.
- Install the remaining components in the reverse order of removal.