REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
This procedure applies to manual steering as well as power equipped steering racks
- Remove the tie rod from the steering knuckle. Refer to the tie rod procedure in this section.
- Remove the tie rod end and clamp nut from the tie rod shaft.
- Using a pair of pliers or other suitable tool, remove the clamp from the outer portion of the boot.
- Loosen and remove the clamp from the inner portion of the boot.
- Slide the boot off the tie rod shaft.
- Reverse the procedure to install the boot.