REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the horn pad and cover assembly. A small prytool can be used here. Unplug the horn electrical connector.
- Unplug the cruise control switch electrical connector, if equipped.
- Scribe a mark on the bolt, column shaft and steering wheel for alignment.
- Remove and discard the steering wheel bolt. Remove the steering wheel using a suitable puller.
Do not use a knock-off type steering wheel puller or strike the retaining bolt with a hammer. This could cause damage to the steering shaft bearing.To install:
- Align the index marks on the steering wheel and shaft and install the steering wheel.
- Install a new steering wheel retaining bolt and tighten to 30-35 ft. lbs. (41-47 Nm).
- Connect the cruise control electrical connector, if equipped.
- Connect the horn electrical connector and install the horn pad and cover.
- Connect the negative battery cable.