REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove the reservoir, as described above.
- Pry out the motor retaining ring using a small prytool.
- Using pliers, grip one edge of the electrical connector ring, then pull the motor, seal and impeller from the reservoir.
If the seal and impeller come apart from the motor, it can all be re-assembled.To install:
- Take the time to clean out the reservoir before installing the motor.
- Coat the seal with a dry lubricant, such as powdered graphite or spray Teflon®. This will aid assembly.
- Align the small projection on the motor end cap with the slot in the reservoir and install the motor so that the seal seats against the bottom of the motor cavity.
- Press the retaining ring into position. A 1-inch, 12-point socket or a smooth 1-inch piece of plastic tubing will do nicely as an installation tool.
- Install the reservoir and connect the wiring.
- Fill the reservoir and operate the washer system.
It is unadvisable to operate the window washer pump without first filling the reservoir. Dry-running will damage the motor.