See Figure 1
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Whenever the condenser is replaced, it will be necessary to replace the suction accumulator/drier.
- Disconnect the battery cables and remove the battery and heat shield.
- Discharge the refrigerant from the air conditioning system according to the proper procedure.
- Place a clean container under the radiator draincock and drain the coolant from the radiator. Save the coolant for reuse.
- Disconnect the refrigerant lines at the right side of the radiator according to the spring-lock coupling disconnect procedure.
- Remove the two fan shroud attaching screws. Disengage the fan shroud and position it rearward.
- Disconnect the upper hose from the radiator, remove the two radiator retaining clamps and tilt the radiator rearward.
- Remove the two screws attaching the top of the condenser to the radiator support and lift the condenser from the vehicle. Cap the refrigerant lines to prevent entry of dirt and excessive moisture.
When replacing the condenser in the refrigerant system, 1 oz. (29.5ml) of clean refrigerant oil should be added to the new replacement condenser to maintain the total system oil charge.
- If the condenser is to be replaced, transfer the rubber isolators from the bottom of the old condenser to the new condenser.
- Position the condenser assembly to the vehicle making sure the lower isolators are properly seated. Then install the upper two condenser attaching screws.
- Position the radiator to the radiator support and install the two retaining clamps.
- Connect the upper hose to the radiator and fill the radiator with the previously removed coolant.
- Position the fan shroud to the radiator and install the two attaching screws.
- Connect the refrigerant lines to the condenser according to the spring-lock coupling connect procedure.
- Install the battery and heat shield, then connect the battery cables.
- Leak test, evacuate and charge the refrigerant system according to the proper procedure. Observe all safety precautions.
- Check the operation of the air conditioning system.