REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the snap-in trim moulding in the floor console to expose the four control assembly attaching screws. Remove the four screws attaching the control assembly to the instrument panel.
- Roll the control out of the opening in the console. Disconnect the fan switch and temperature control cable. Disconnect the vacuum hose and electrical connector from the back of the function selector knob. Disconnect the control assembly illumination bulbs.
- Remove the control assembly.
- Connect the temperature cable to the geared arm on the temperature control.
- Install the electrical connector at the following locations: blower switch, control assembly illumination bulbs and function selector switch.
- Install the vacuum harness connector for the function selector knob.
- Roll the control assembly into position against the instrument panel and install the four attaching screws.
- Snap the console trim moulding into position, connect the negative battery cable and check the system for proper operation.