REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
Whenever a refrigerant line is replaced, it will be necessary to replace the suction accumulator/drier.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Discharge the refrigerant from the air conditioning system.
- Disconnect the refrigerant line using a flare and backup wrench on each side of the fitting or the spring-lock coupling disconnect procedure, whichever is necessary. Remove the refrigerant line.
- Route the new refrigerant line with the protective caps installed.
- Connect the refrigerant line into the system using new O-rings lubricated with clean refrigerant oil. Tighten the connection using two wrenches or the spring-lock coupling connect procedure, whichever is necessary.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Leak test, evacuate and charge the refrigerant system according to the proper procedure. Observe all safety precautions.