REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The neutral safety switch on the A4LD and AOD transmissions is not adjustable.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise and support the front of the car safely using jackstands.
- Disconnect the switch harness by pushing the harness straight up, off the switch, with a long screwdriver underneath the rubber plug section.
- Using special tool socket T74P-77247-A, or equivalent, on a ratchet extension at least 9 1 / 2 inches long, unscrew the switch. To use the tool, position it over the switch and reach around the rear of the transmission, over the extension housing.
Always use a new O-ring when installing the switch to assure of a proper seal.
- Make sure the O-ring is in position on the switch, then carefully thread the switch into position by hand.
- Tighten the switch to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Engage the switch wiring.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Verify proper switch operation.