REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove 4 TORX® head screws holding the voltage regulator to the alternator rear housing. Remove the regulator, with
the brush holder attached.
- Hold the regulator in one hand and pry off the cap covering the A terminal screw head with a small prybar.
- Remove 2 TORX® head screws retaining the regulator to the brush holder. Separate the regulator from the brush holder.
- Install the brush holder on the regulator with 2 retaining screws. Tighten the screws to 25-35 inch lbs.
- Install the cap on the head of the A terminal screw.
- Depress the brushes into the holder and hold the brushes in position by inserting a standard size paper clip, or
equivalent tool, through both the location hole in the regulator and through the holes in the brushes.
- Install the regulator/brush holder assembly and remove the paper clip. Install the attaching screws and tighten to
20-30 inch lbs. (2.3-3.4 Nm).