REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise the vehicle and support safely on jackstands.
- Remove the bolt retaining the speed sensor mounting clip to the transmission.
- Remove the sensor and the drive gear from the transmission.
- Uplug the electrical connector and disconnect the speedometer cable from the speed sensor.
- Remove the speedometer cable by pulling it out of the sensor.
DO NOT remove the spring retainer clip with the speedometer cable in the sensor.
- Remove the drive gear retainer. Remove the drive gear from the sensor.
- Position the drive gear to the speed sensor. Install the gear retainer.
- Plug in the electrical connector.
- Check that the O-ring is properly seated in the sensor housing. Snap the speedometer cable onto the sensor housing.
- Insert the sensor assembly into the transmission. Install the retaining bolt. Lower the vehicle.