REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
These vehicles have DIN-standard radios; a special tool T87P-19061-A or equivalent is required to release the clips and remove the radio from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Install two radio removing tool T87P-19061-A or equivalent into the radio face plate. Push the tools in approximately one inch (25mm) to release the retaining clips.
DO NOT use excessive force when inserting the radio removal tools, as this will damage the retaining clips.
- Apply a light spreading force on the tools and pull the radio out of the dash.
- Disconnect the wiring and antenna connectors.
- Connect the wiring and antenna connectors to the radio.
- Slide the radio into the instrument panel ensuring that the rear radio bracket is engaged on the upper support rail.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check the radio for proper operation.