The air pump resonator reduces air dump noise during cold start and some cruise modes.
- Visually inspect the resonator for holes.
- Remove the hoses and check for blocked or restricted ports.
- Replace the resonator if it has holes or the ports are blocked or restricted.
- Reconnect the hoses and install and tighten the clamps.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Loosen the clamps and remove the hoses.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the resonator.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.