The electronic EGR valve is vacuum operated, lifting the pintle off of it's seat to allow exhaust gas to recirculate when the vacuum signal is strong enough. The EVP sensor which is mounted on top of the electronic EGR valve. The electronic EGR valve assembly is not serviceable. The EVP sensor and the EGR valve must be serviced separately.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the vacuum line from the EGR valve and the connector from the EVP sensor.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the EGR valve.
- Remove the EVP sensor from the EGR valve.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Be sure to remove all old gasket material before installation. Use a new gasket during installation.