REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the watershield, and, if a new door is being installed, save all the molding clips and moldings.
- Remove the wiring harness, actuator and speakers.
- If a new door is being installed, remove all window and lock components.
- Support the door and unbolt the hinges from the door.
New holes may have to be drilled in a replacement door for the trim.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Align the door and tighten the hinge bolts securely.
See Figures 4
Loosen the hinge-to-door bolts for lateral adjustment only. Loosen the hinge-to-body bolts for both lateral and vertical adjustment.
- Determine which hinge bolts are to be loosened and back them out just enough to allow movement.
- To move the door safely, use a padded pry bar. When the door is in the proper position, tighten the bolts to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm), then check door operation. There should be no binding or other interference when the door is either closed or opened.
- Door closing adjustment can also be affected by the position of the lock striker plate. Loosen the striker plate bolts and move the striker plate just enough to permit proper closing and locking of the door.