REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- From inside the vehicle, release the hood.
- Remove the two bolts retaining the latch to the upper radiator support.
- Remove the screw retaining the cable end retainer to the latch assembly.
- Disengage the cable by rotating it out of the latch return spring.
- To facilitate cable installation, fasten a length of fishing line about 8 ft. long to the latch end of the cable.
- From inside the vehicle, unseat the sealing grommet from the cowl side, remove the cable mounting bracket attaching screws and carefully pull the cable assembly out. Do not pull the fish line out.
- Using the previously installed fish line, pull the new cable assembly through the retaining wall, seat the grommet securely, and install the cable mounting bracket attaching screws.
- Thread the terminal end of cable into the hood latch return spring.
- Route the cable through the V-slot on the latch and install the cable end retaining screw.
- Check the hood latch cable release operation before the closing hood. Adjust if necessary.