REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Right Hand Standard (Manual) Type
- Remove the inside sail cover.
- Remove the nut and washer assemblies and lift the mirror off the door.
- Install the mirror on door.
- Install and tighten the nut and washer assemblies.
- Install the inside sail cover.
See Figure 1
- Pull the nob assembly to remove it from the control shaft.
- Remove the interior sail cover retainer screw and remove the cover.
- Loosen the setscrew retaining the control assembly to the sail cover.
- Remove the mirror attaching nuts, washers and grommet. Remove the mirror and the control assembly.
- Seat the grommet in the outer door panel and position the mirror to the door. Install the attaching nuts and washers, then tighten to 25-39 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm).
- Route the control mechanism through the door and position to the sail trim panel. Tighten the setscrew to 2-6 inch lbs. (0.2-0.7 Nm).
- Position the sail cover to the door and install the retaining screw.
- Position the rubber knob onto the control shaft and push to install.
See Figure 2
Outside mirrors that are frozen must be thawed prior to adjustment. Do not attempt to free-up the mirror by pressing the glass assembly.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the one screw retaining the mirror mounting hole cover and remove the cover.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Disconnect the mirror assembly wiring connector. Remove the necessary wiring guides.
- Remove the three mirror retaining nuts on the sail mirrors, two on door mirrors. Remove the mirror while guiding the wiring and connector through the hole in the door.
- Install the mirror assembly by routing the connector and wiring through the hole in the door. Attach with the three retaining nuts on the sail mirrors, two on the door mirrors. Tighten the retaining nuts.
- Engage the mirror wiring connector and install the wiring guides.
- Replace the mirror mounting hole cover and install one screw.
- Replace the door trim panel.
- Connect the negative battery cable.