REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the switch assembly on the right and left-hand sides of the cluster.
- Remove the upper and lower retaining screws from the instrument cluster trim cover. Remove the trim cover.
- Pull the cluster away from the instrument panel. Release the speedometer cable by pressing on the flat surface of the plastic connector located behind the instrument cluster.
- Pull the cluster further away from the instrument panel. Unplug the two printed circuit connectors from their receptacles in the cluster backplate. Remove the cluster.
If the gauges are being removed from the cluster assembly. DO NOT remove the gauge pointer; magnetic gauges cannot be recalibrated.
- Apply a 3 / 16 (4.6mm) bead of silicone damping grease in the drive hole of the speedometer head.
- Plug in the two cluster printed circuit connectors to the cluster backplate.
- Position the instrument cluster to the instrument panel and install the retaining screws.
- Install the instrument cluster trim panel and the retaining screws. Connect the negative battery cable.