REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Reach up behind the cluster and release the cable by depressing the quick disconnect tab and pulling the cable away.
- Remove the cable from the casing. If the cable is broken, raise the vehicle on a hoist and disconnect the cable from the transmission.
On vehicles equipped with a transmission mounted speed sensor, remove the speedometer cable by pulling it out of the speed sensor. DO NOT attempt to remove the spring retainer clip with the speedometer in the sensor. To install the cable, snap it into the sensor.
- Remove the cable from the casing.
- To remove the casing from the vehicle pull it through the floor pan.
- To replace the cable, slide the new cable into the casing and connect it at the transmission.
- Route the cable through the floor pan and position the grommet in its groove in the floor.
- Push the cable onto the speedometer head.