REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the door trim panel and the watershield.
- Check all the connections of the remote control link and the rod. Service if necessary.
- Remove the remote control assembly and the link clip.
- Remove the clip attaching the control assembly and the link clip.
- Remove the clip from the actuator motor, if so equipped.
- Remove the clip attaching the push-button rod to the latch.
- Remove the clip attaching the outside door handle rod to the latch assembly.
- Remove the three screws attaching the latch assembly to the door.
- Remove the latch assembly (with the remote control link lock cylinder rod) and anti-theft shield from the door cavity.
- Install the new bushings and clips onto the new latch assembly. Install the anti-theft shield, remote control link and the lock cylinder rod onto the latch assembly levers.
- Position the latch (with the link and rod) onto the door cavity, aligning the screw holes in the latch and door. Install the three screws and tighten to 36-72 inch lbs. (4-8 Nm).
- Attach the outside door handle rod to the latch with a clip.
- Attach the push-button rod to the latch assembly with clip.
- Remove the clip from the actuator motor (if so equipped).
- Attach the lock cylinder rod to the lock cylinder with clip.
- Install the remote control assembly (and the link clip).
- Open and close the door to check the latch assembly operation.
- Install the watershield and the door trim panel.