REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Make sure that the headlight switch is OFF .
- Raise the hood and find the bulb base protruding from the back of the headlamp assembly
- Disconnect the wiring by grasping the connector and snapping it rearward firmly.
- Rotate the bulb retaining ring counterclockwise (rear view) about 1 / 8 turn and slide it off the bulb base. Don't lose it; it's re-usable.
- Carefully pull the bulb straight out of the headlamp assembly. Don't rotate it during removal.
- With the flat side of the bulb base facing upward, insert it into the headlamp assembly. You may have to turn the bulb slightly to align the locating tabs. Once aligned, push the bulb firmly into place until the bulb base contacts the mounting flange in the socket.
- Place the retaining ring over the bulb base, against the mounting flange and rotate it clockwise to lock it. It should lock against a definite stop when fully engaged.
- Snap the electrical connector into place. A definite snap will be felt.
- Turn the headlights on a check that everything works properly.
Before making any headlight adjustments, perform the following steps for preparation:
- Make sure all tires are properly inflated.
- Take into consideration any faulty wheel alignment or improper rear axle tracking.
- Make sure there is no load in the vehicle other than the driver.
- Make sure all lenses are clean.
Each headlight is adjusted by means of two screws located at the 12 o'clock and 9 o'clock positions on the headlight underneath the trim ring. Always bring each beam into final position by turning the adjusting screws clockwise so that the headlight will be held against the tension springs when the operation is completed.