See Figures 1 through 6REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Depressurize the fuel system; remove shielding as needed.
- Remove the vacuum line at the pressure regulator.
- Remove the three Allen® retaining screws from the regulator housing.
- Remove the pressure regulator assembly, gasket and O-ring. Discard the gasket and check the O-ring for signs of cracks or deterioration.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces. If scraping is necessary, be careful not to damage the fuel pressure regulator or supply line gasket mating surfaces.
- Lubricate the pressure regulator O-ring with light engine oil. Do not use silicone grease; it will clog the injectors.
- Install the O-ring and a new gasket on the pressure regulator.
- Install the pressure regulator on the fuel manifold and tighten the retaining screws to 27-40 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm).
On the 2.3L engine, install the fuel manifold shield and tighten the bolts to 15-22 ft. lbs (20-30 Nm).
- Install the vacuum line at the pressure regulator.
- Build fuel pressure in the system by turning the ignition ON and OFF at least five times. Leave the ignition ON at least 5 seconds each time. Check for fuel leaks.