See Figures 1, 2 and 3
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Place the parking brake control in the released position. Release the cable tension as follows:
- Remove the floor console.
- With an assistant inside, raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Have another assistant pull the equalizer rearward approximately 1-2 1 / 2 inches to rotate the self-adjuster reel backward.
- Insert a steel lockpin through the holes in the lever and control assembly. This locks the ratchet wheel in the cable-release position.
Do not remove the lockpin until the cables are connected to the equalizer. Pin removal releases the tension in the ratchet wheel, causing the spring to unwind and release its tension. If the pin is removed without the cables attached, the entire assembly must be removed to reset the spring tension.
- Disconnect the equalizer from the control.
- Remove the bolts attaching the parking brake lever to the floorpan.
- Route the cable and equalizer around the control assembly pulley. Install the cable anchor pin in the pivot hole in he ratchet.
- Connect the rear cable to the equalizer.
- With the cable attached, position the control assembly on the floorpan. Install and tighten the bolts to 10-16 ft. Lbs. (12-21 Nm).
- Remove the lockpin from the control assembly to reset the tension.
- Apply the parking brake several times. Make certain that the brakes apply and that the BRAKE warning lamp on the instrument panel lights when the lever is engaged.
- Install the console.