REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures G17 and G18
- Raise and support the vehicle safely using jackstands. Support the body at the rear body crossmember.
- If equipped, remove the stabilizer bar.
- Support the axle with a suitable jack.
- Place another jack under the lower arm axle pivot bolt. Remove and discard the bolt and nut. Lower the jack slowly until the coil spring load is relieved.
- Remove the coil spring and insulator from the vehicle.
- Place the upper spring insulator on top of the spring. Place the lower spring insulator on the lower arm.
- Position the coil spring on the lower arm spring seat, so the pigtail on the lower arm is at the rear of the vehicle and pointing toward the left side of the vehicle.
- Slowly raise the jack until the arm is in position. Insert a new rear pivot bolt and nut, with the nut facing outward. Do not tighten at this time.
- Raise the axle to curb height. Tighten the lower arm-to-axle pivot bolt to 70-100 ft. lbs. (95-135 Nm).
- If equipped, install the stabilizer bar.
- Remove the crossmember supports and carefully lower the vehicle.