REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and support the vehicle using jackstands.
- Remove and discard the 4 bolts and stamped nuts attaching the stabilizer bar to the brackets in the lower control arms.
- Remove the stabilizer bar from the vehicle.
If the bar is being reinstalled, be sure to note the proper orientation. If necessary, mark one side to indicate which end should be installed on the passenger side of the vehicle.To install:
The stabilizer bar should only be installed in one direction. A color code is provided on new parts to indicate which end should be installed on the passenger side. Improper installation (reversing sides) will provide insufficient clearance between the control arm and bar during vehicle operation.
- Install 4 NEW stamped nuts on the stabilizer bar over each retaining hole.
- Align the 4 holes in the stabilizer bar with the holes in the lower control arm bracket holes.
- Install 4 NEW bolts and tighten to 33-51 ft. lbs. (45-70 Nm).
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
- Visually inspect the bar to make sure there is adequate clearance between the bar and lower arm.