The combination switch incorporates the turn signal, dimmer and wiper switch functions on the Mustang.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and, if equipped, the air bag backup power supply.
The backup power supply allows air bag deployment if the battery or battery cables are damaged in an accident before the crash sensors close. The power supply is a capacitor that will leak down in approximately 15 minutes after the battery is disconnected or in one minute if the battery positive cable is grounded. The backup power supply must be disconnected before any service is performed on or around the air bag.
- Remove the shroud retaining screws, then remove the upper and lower shrouds.
- Remove the switch retaining screws and lift up the switch assembly.
- With the wiring exposed, carefully lift the connector retainer tabs and disengage the connectors.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the attaching bolts to 18-26 ft. lbs. (2-3 Nm).