REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This procedure applies to the sensors, not the toothed sensor indicator rings.Front
- Loosen all of the front wheel lug nuts 1 / 2 turn to break them free.
- Apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, then raise and safely support the front of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the front wheel(s).
- Remove the ABS sensor mounting bolt, and pull the sensor away from the wheel spindle.
- Remove the ABS sensor cable bracket bolts and brackets, then remove the cable bracket-to-inner wheel well screws.
- Push the cable grommet through the wheel well opening.
- Disengage the ABS sensor wiring harness connector in the engine compartment, then remove the harness retainer.
- Remove the front ABS sensor from the vehicle.
- Position the sensor in the vehicle, then reattach the wiring harness retainer to it.
- Engage the electrical wiring harness connector to the sensor.
- Install the wheel well grommet, position the cable on the inner wheel well and install the retaining screws until snug.
- Position the sensor brackets on the strut, then install the mounting bolts.
- Position the sensor on the wheel spindle and install the retaining bolt. Tighten the bolt to 124-133 inch lbs. (11-15 Nm).
- Install the front wheel(s) and lower the vehicle.
See Figure 1
- Block the front wheels securely, then raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle on jackstands.
- Remove the ABS sensor mounting bolt, then disengage the sensor wiring harness connector and separate the sensor from the rear brake caliper.
- Install the sensor on the rear brake caliper, and tighten the mounting bolt until snug.
- Reattach the sensor wiring harness connector, then lower the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheel blocks.