REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Label and detach all wiring from the ICM.
- Remove the ICM/heatsink-to-fender apron bolts, then remove the ICM/heat sink.
- If necessary, the ICM can now be removed from the heat sink.
- Apply an approximately 1 / 32in. (0.80mm) thick layer of silicone dielectric compound (D7AZ-19A331-A or equivalent) to the base plate of the ICM. /
- Install the ICM onto the heat sink. Tighten the mounting bolts to 15-35 inch lbs. (1.7-4.0 Nm).
- Position the ICM onto the right-hand, front fender apron, then install and tighten the mounting bolts to 90-120 inch lbs. (10-14 Nm).
- Attach all wiring to the ICM, then connect the negative battery cable.