REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
These vehicles have DIN-standard radios; Ford Tool T87P-19061-A, or equivalent, is required to release the clips and remove the radio from the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Insert the two radio removing tools (T87P-19061-A or equivalents) into the radio face plate. Push the tools in approximately 1 in. (25mm) to release the retaining clips.
DO NOT use excessive force when inserting the radio removal tools, as this will damage the retaining clips.
- Apply a light spreading force on the tools and pull the radio out of the center console.
- Disengage the wiring and antenna connectors from the rear of the radio.
- Engage the wiring and antenna connectors to the rear of the radio.
- Slide the radio into the instrument panel, ensuring that the rear radio bracket is engaged on the upper support rail.
- Connect the negative battery cable. Check the radio for proper operation.