REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Apply the parking brake, block the rear wheels, then raise and safely support the front of the vehicle on jackstands beneath each lower control arm.
- Remove all end link retaining nuts, bushings and washers. Remove the end link studs from the lower control arms and the sway bar.
- Remove the two bolts from both sway bar mounting brackets, then remove the sway bar from the vehicle.
- Remove the mounting brackets and bushings from the sway bar.
- Coat the rubber components used on the sway bar with rubber lubricant (such as Ford Rubber Suspension Insulator Lube E25Y-19553-A) prior to installation.
- Install the mounting bushings and brackets on the sway bar, then position the sway bar in the vehicle with the ends of the bar over the lower control arms. Install the mounting bracket bolts and tighten them to specifications.
- Install the end links in the lower control arms and sway bar. Install the washers, bushings and retaining nuts. Tighten the retaining nuts to specifications.
- Lower the vehicle.