REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
The heater/air conditioning blower motor is mounted in the heater case assembly, under the instrument panel on the passenger's side of the vehicle.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- From under the instrument panel on the passenger's side of the vehicle, remove the three blower motor mounting screws, then remove the blower motor cover and stiffener (if equipped).
- Disconnect electrical wiring harness from the blower motor.
- Pull the blower motor and wheel out of the heater case. Discard the old gasket.
- If the blower wheel must be replaced or transferred to a new motor, remove the wheel retaining nut. Slide the wheel off of the blower motor shaft.
- If necessary, slide the blower wheel onto the motor shaft and install the retaining nut until secure.
- Install a new gasket onto the blower motor, then insert the motor and wheel in the blower motor cover.
- Position the blower motor, stiffener (if equipped) and cover in the heater case. Install and tighten the retaining screws until secure.
- Reattach the wiring harness connector to the blower motor terminals.
- Attach the negative battery cable.