REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 5
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the snap-in trim moulding in the center console to expose the four control assembly attaching screws. Remove the four screws attaching the control assembly to the instrument panel.
- Roll the control panel out of the opening in the console.
- Detach the temperature control cable from the control panel by using Ford Temperature Cable Disconnect tool T94P-18532-A, or equivalent, to release the side locking tube, and a small flat-bladed prytool to release the top locking tab. Pull the temperature cable away from the heater control.
- Remove the two mounting nuts, then separate the vacuum hose and wiring harness connectors from the back of the damper door switch.
- Detach the wiring harness connectors from the back of the blower motor switch and the light bulbs.
- Remove the control panel from the center console.
- Position the temperature cable at the midpoint of its travel, directly between the H and C markings. Position the temperature control knob at the midpoint of its range, then connect the temperature cable to the geared arm on the blower motor wheel. Rotate the temperature control knob from maximum cold to maximum warm to verify proper range of motion.
- Install the electrical connector at the following locations: blower switch, control assembly illumination bulbs and damper door switch.
- Install the vacuum harness connector for the function selector knob and tighten the mounting nuts until snug.
- Roll the control assembly into position against the instrument panel and install the four attaching screws until snug.
- Snap the console trim moulding into position, connect the negative battery cable and check the system for proper operation.