REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Remove the door trim panel and watershield.
- Remove the door belt line inside weatherstripping.
- Remove the attaching screws, then the door window glass inner stabilizers.
- Remove the door window front upstop bracket attaching screws, then remove the upstop brackets from the door assembly.
- Remove the one rivet with a drill, then remove the door belt line outside weatherstripping from the door.
- Lower the door window so that you can access the door window channel bracket attaching rivets.
Be careful when drilling out the rivet so that the window channel bracket and spacer holes are not enlarged. Otherwise, the window glass channel bracket retainer will be damaged.
- Using a narrow drift punch, hammer out the center pin of each rivet attaching the door window glass to the door window channel bracket. Then, using a 1 / 4 inch drill bit, ream out the remainder of the rivet.
- Tip the front of the door glass down to clear the door filler, then remove the window glass by sliding it up and out of the door assembly.
- If equipped with power windows, disengage the window regulator wiring from the motor.
- Remove the regulator equalizer arm bracket.