REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
It is a good idea to replace all lock cylinders on a vehicle whenever one of them is faulty, so that you do not have to carry an extra key which fits only one lock cylinder.
- Remove the door trim panel and peel the watershield away from the door until the access holes are exposed.
- Remove the door lock retaining clip by pulling it away from the door lock cylinder.
- Detach the door latch control rod from the door lock cylinder.
- Pull the door lock cylinder out of the door.
- Transfer the lock cylinder arm to the new door lock cylinder. If signs of damage or wear are present, replace the door lock retaining clip with a new one.
- Slide the new door lock cylinder into the door until it is fully seated.
- Attach the control rod to the door lock cylinder, then slide the retaining clip onto the cylinder to secure it in place.
- Install the watershield and door trim panel.