REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
It is a good idea to replace all lock cylinders on a vehicle whenever one of them is faulty, so that you do not have to carry an extra key which fits only one lock cylinder.
- Open the trunk lid.
- Detach the trunk lid lock actuator from the lock cylinder plate.
- Remove the trunk lid cylinder lock retaining rivet by using a narrow punch to hammer the center pin of the rivet, then using a drill to remove the remainder of the rivet from the trunk lid. Do not enlarge the rivet hole.
- Pull the lock cylinder out of the trunk lid.
- Slide the new lock cylinder into the trunk lid until it is fully seated.
- Using a rivet gun, install a new retaining rivet to hold the lock cylinder in place.
- Reattach the trunk lid lock actuator to the lock cylinder plate.
- Before closing the trunk lid, test the new lock cylinder and key to ensure that they function properly.
- Close the trunk lid.