REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise and support the vehicle safely using jackstands.
Be sure to block the wheels remaining on the ground. If the front end is being raised, firmly set the parking brake.
- Disengage the wiring harness connector from the back-up light switch, located on the left-hand side of the transmission case.
- Unthread the switch from the transmission case.
- Thread the new switch into position and tighten it to 20-35 ft. lbs. (27-47 Nm).
- Attach the wiring harness connector to the switch.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.
- Start the vehicle, depress the clutch and the brake pedals and position the shift handle in Reverse. Have an assistant, standing off to one side of the rear of the vehicle, check your back-up lights to verify proper operation of the switch; the back-up lights should only illuminate when the shift handle is in Reverse.