REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 4
Models equipped with the handling suspension package are equipped with an axle damper (a horizontal shock absorber for the rear axle).
- Loosen the lug nuts on the wheel which is being removed (on the same side as the axle damper).
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle safely.
- Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
- Loosen and remove the front retaining pivot bolt (damper-to-rear axle). A back-up wrench should be used to keep the fasteners from spinning.
- Loosen and remove the rear axle damper retaining nut (damper-to-frame rail).
- Remove the damper from the vehicle.
- Position the damper to the vehicle and loosely install the fasteners.
- Tighten the rear retaining nut and then the front retaining bolt to the figures given in the torque specifications chart.
- Install the tire and wheel assembly.
- Remove the jackstands and carefully lower the vehicle.