REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 9
- Loosen the air inlet tube clamps, then separate the tube from the throttle body and air cleaner housing. Remove the tube from the vehicle.
- Detach the accelerator cable and, if equipped, speed control cable from the throttle body lever.
- Label and disengage the engine wiring harness connectors from the Throttle Position (TP) sensor and the Idle Air Control (IAC) valve (3.8L and 5.0L engines only); both are mounted on the throttle body.
- Remove the four mounting nuts, then carefully separate the throttle body from the upper intake manifold.
- Remove and discard the old throttle body-to-intake manifold gasket.
If scraping is necessary to clean the remaining gasket material off of the mating surfaces, take care to avoid scratching or gouging the soft aluminum.
- Clean the gasket mating surfaces of any residual gasket material.
- Install the throttle body, along with a new gasket, onto the upper intake manifold. Install and tighten the mounting nuts in a crisscross pattern to 15-22 ft. lbs. (20-30 Nm) for the 3.8L engine, to 71-106 inch lbs. (8-12 Nm) for the 4.6L SOHC engine, to 71-89 inch lbs. (8-10 Nm) plus an additional 85-95 degrees for the 4.6L DOHC engine, or to 141-212 inch lbs. (16-24 Nm) for the 5.0L engine.
- Engage the TP sensor and IAC valve (3.8L and 5.0L engines only) wiring connectors and remove the temporary labels.
- Reattach the accelerator and speed control cables, if applicable, to the throttle body lever.
- Install the air inlet tube between the air cleaner housing and the throttle body. Tighten the tube clamps until snug.