The combination switch incorporates the turn signal, dimmer, hazard lights and wiper switch functions on the Mustang.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- To prevent accidental air bag deployment, disconnect the negative battery cable, then the positive battery cable to allow residual energy in the air bag system to drain.
- Remove the steering column shroud retaining screws, then remove the upper and lower shrouds.
- Remove the switch retaining screws and lift the switch assembly off of the column.
- With the wiring exposed, carefully lift the wiring harness connector retainer tabs and disengage the connectors.
- Engage the wiring harness connectors for the combination switch, then position the switch against the steering column. Install the self-tapping retaining screws and tighten them to 18-26 inch lbs. (2-3 Nm).
- Position the steering column shrouds on the column and secure them in place with the mounting screws. Tighten the screws until snug.
- Connect the positive, then the negative battery cables to the battery.
- Start the engine and check the combination switch for proper function.