REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Disconnect the wiring at the pump motor. Use a small prytool to unlock the connector tabs.
- Detach the washer hose from the washer pump motor.
- Remove the left-hand front, inner fender splash shield.
- Remove the reservoir attaching screws or nuts and lift the assembly from the vehicle.
- Using a small prytool, pry out the motor retaining ring.
- Using a pliers, grip one edge of the electrical connector ring and pull the motor, seal and impeller from the reservoir.
If the seal and impeller come apart from the motor, it can all be reassembled.
- Take the time to clean out the reservoir before installing the motor.
- Coat the seal with a dry lubricant, such as powdered graphite or spray Teflon®. This will aid assembly.
- Align the small projection on the motor end cap with the slot in the reservoir and install the motor so that the seal seats against the bottom of the motor cavity.
- Press the retaining ring into position. A 1 in. (25mm), 12-point socket or length of 1 in. (25mm) tubing, will do nicely as an installation tool.
- Install the reservoir and connect the wiring.
It's not a good idea to run a new motor without filling the reservoir first. Dry-running may damage a new motor.