REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 through 7
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the windshield wiper arms and blades.
- Loosen the cowl vent screen retaining screws, then carefully pry up on the rear edge of the cowl vent screen to remove it from the cowl panel.
- Remove the cowl top extension from the vehicle.
- Detach the wiper motor link from the motor pivot shaft by disengaging the retaining clip.
- Detach the linkage drive arm from the wiper motor.
- Disengage the electrical wiring harness connector from the wiper motor.
- Remove the mounting bolts, then lift the wiper motor up and through the cowl panel opening.
When installing the drive arm to a new wiper motor, follow the instructions provided with the new wiper motor.
- Position the wiper motor through the cowl panel opening and against the cowl panel, aligning the mounting bolt holes. Install and tighten the bolts to 115-150 inch lbs. (13-17 Nm).
- Engage the electrical wiring harness connector in the wiper motor until the connector retaining tabs are fully seated.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the wiper motor to the LO position and allow it to cycle for approximately 10-15 seconds, then turn it OFF . This will ensure that the motor is in the Park position.
- Install the linkage drive arm onto the wiper motor.
- Attach the wiper motor link on the motor pivot shaft, and secure it in place with a retaining clip.
- Install the cowl top extension, then install the cowl vent screen by aligning the retainer holes, installing the retainer screws, then tightening the retainer screws until the vent screen is securely held onto the cowl panel.
- Install the wiper blades, making sure that they are positioned as shown in the accompanying illustration.
- Turn the wiper switch to the LO and HI positions to ensure that the wipers are working properly.