- Make sure vehicle is unoccupied.
- Connect the positive battery cable.
Connect the negative battery cable.
CAUTIONTo prevent injury in case of an accidental air bag deployment make sure that no part of your body is in front of the air bag module on the steering wheel or in front of the airbag module on the passenger side.
- Stand outside the vehicle and carefully reach between the steering wheel and instrument cluster and turn the ignition to the RUN position.
- Ensure the air bag indicator light turns off after approximately 6 seconds. If the light does not illuminate at all, does not turn off, or starts to flash, use a scan tool to diagnose the airbag system. If the light does turn off after 6 seconds and does not flash, the SRS is working properly.
- Turn the ignition switch on.
- Install Restraints Control Module (RCM) fuse no. F2.17 and the fuse cover.
- Turn the ignition OFF .
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Turn the ignition on and then off. Wait 10 seconds and turn the key back on. Watch the air bag indicator. The indicator light will remain lit constantly for 6 seconds and then go off. If the indicator does not turn on and then off, diagnose the air bag system
- Clear all Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) using a scan tool.